Tuesday, July 21, 2009

~Junk Goods on a Tuesday!~

Tuesday has came and went, had to make a quick stop by the booth to do a once over after work.... I should know better, I always come out with an arm load of purchases!!! NEVER LOOK, thats the rule I tell myself...I didn't listen...Well this was the first find, Old Crusty Rusty metal cage, it is old and I love it!! I did get really excited on my way home today, I did a drive by of a dumpster...there lay an old Hoosier top, but it was a mess it had laid there on its belly, gosh knows how long and was rotten all the way through!! I couldn't believe it, well I had to have somthing from it besides a big bug bite I got from the grass... so I ripped those metal shelves right out, they are right in the pic below. I had to have proof it was there!! Besides they were rusty and chippy white, had to get those! I figure I can repurpose them for something, any ideas!!
Junk Stlye... Great book, it was waiting in the mailbox, I love finding these suckers for the booth, great seller!!
Junk treats today!! Old Heavy drawer w/ metal pull $4. Old chippy white door knobs $10, chippy architectural pieces $8 for the lot, Crusty Rusty Tuesday finds!!

This was a Thrift store goodie I grabbed on the way home. Old tarnished Brass The Lords Prayer wall hanging, LOVE... $.80 cents!!

Old NC Seal stamper, the stamp still inside. Old Rusty Junk Jewel Washers, FREE...

I ran across these old Vintage Coins $12, Olds Keys $4 and Sparkley jeweled buttons, $1... at the Market today too, they will come in handy in the Junk Jewel dept!

Could not pass these old Dominos by...Not sure what I like the most the Dominos or the cute Crusty red box??

I hope you all are having a great week and finding alot of good junk!! I can't wait to see what all you got, I will be by to check ya out ! Now ... I need more energy after the day job to get some of the junk in the garage worked up and to the Poet!! It all does look super cute in the garage but it doesn't sell very well out there unless I open up a Junk Inn right there in the garage (the neighbors would just die!). My husband still thinks that not being in the city limits means I can open up shop, I keep telling him the two key things that make that a NO is the sign that says Restricted lots For Sale when you turn into the (keyword here) Neighborhood, if I could I would and it would be great!! I bet every junker girl has had that thought more than once roll around upstairs, to open up shop right out of her garage!! Blessings , Janna






33 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Great finds!!
You really are quite the junker!

Blessings and smiles,
Barbara jean

Junk Girl said...

Hey, I agree, the book Junk Style is a good one. I bought it on Amazon. Love all your finds! Great blog! Andrea

Junk Girl said...

BTW, I am now a follower...why did it take me so long?! I've looked at your blog MANY times - it's just great. I love all the great stuff you find! It is obvious you're having fun! Wouldn't it be great if all we junkers could meet someday? We'd have a ball!
Andrea

trash talk said...

You take junking to a whole new level! Ripping out the shelves was a stroke of genius! Rock on girlfriend!
Debbie

Jenny said...

I love the dominoes and the box they came in. Fun find! Also like the Lord's prayer brass and the green glass bottle in the background of your group shot. I'm still thinking about that cherub planter you found on the curb :)

Jill said...

WOW! Amazing finds!! what a great "treasure hunter" you are!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Super great finds!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Great finds...as always!

Rachel

Amelia said...

Great Tuesday finds! I love the door handle! I have my eye on a couple too.

donna baker said...

Janna, you crack me up. I can almost hear your breathless voice describing your junque. Don't do anything with the coins till you check them out. Old coins can be worth a small fortune.

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Some of those things look awfully familiar....hum...........

Theresa said...

You are the "artsiest fartsiest" blogger friend:) Love your finds! Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

The red dominos box took my eye...
I love red and anything I can paint red....great finds...
I always say " when it's too far gone for anyone else, it's just right for me.."
Have a happy day, do something fun today....

savvycityfarmer said...

hey girl, i have that book ... got it at a junk shop HA!!!!

Between you and B. I can't hardly stand to look at these finds ... I must own all of them!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's a good day!!! I'm thinking I need to start a "support group"..I just want to look everyday for treasures!!
Deb :)

A Bit of Colour said...

Lovin your finds; especially the LORD's prayer!

Hayley Fraser said...

Good stuff...I am a domino addict myself. I like the box, too!

Sue said...

Great goodies as always! You have got the eye for treasures!!
Blessings~LillySue

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love all your finds, especially the brass Lord's Prayer plaque.
Debra

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

You did good! We definetely appreciate the same stuff.....Thanks for sharing your finds....
Take care, Laura

decorator to the stars said...

janna, yes you can, just have an open house or occasional sale :) i sell out of my garage, buildings & my home; it's fun to rearrange all the time, well, most of the time LOL gio

~La Rustique Market~ said...

Love the Lord's Prayer plaque. I know whatcha mean about opening a "flea" in your own garage...I have one just as stocked full right now. Thanks for sharing!

Peace~
Lisa

EMBELLISH said...

Oh my gosh, you did fabulous. We are truly kindred spirits.

Unknown said...

Hi, Really great finds, so much fun x

delighted heart said...

WOW! You have found some great stuff...Love the birdcage! With a plant or a candle or a light bulb in it. Too cute! Thanks for stopping by. I figured I'd been gone so long no one would remember me! LOL
Blessings!
patti

Its So Very Cheri said...

I used to visit a gal who did sales only 4 times a year and they had a little bit of land and had a shop built on their property.

Come by for my give-a-way this week by 10 pm Fri.
and then check out our newest addition.

Maya said...

I have one of those old seal stampers..., and it's so heavy that I use it as a door stopper!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

"Never Look"...Hee-hee, that's a good one! If you ever get it to work, please tell the rest of us. But ohhh that old rusty crusty cage...what a treasure!!!

time worn interiors said...

What great finds! I think having a shop in your garage is a great idea! No overhead! Open once a month! Who knows I might even come and check it out! I love all the black and white signs!
Theothertheresa

Free Art Printables said...

Great junking finds!

Rosemary said...

Ooh, I love good junk!!!
Great stuff!!
Have a nice weekend,
Rosemary

The Green Pea said...

Great finds, and wonderful deals..I have that same book and just love it. Sandi

June said...

I'm lovin your blog! And your junk! Thanks for coming by and taking a look around.
Smiles,
June