Sunday, August 16, 2009

~Sunday Junk & Booth Re-Do Pics!~

Finally I have a few Sleepy Poet booth re-dos.... I headed up today to put in a few new things...well good thing I had already taken these photos on Saturday because the Market had a terrible flood from a heavy rainstorm. I went in to find the back of the market, my booth included under about 2 inches of water!!! So I moved it all to higher ground, Servpro was pulling in as I pulled out so I am sure it will be back up and ready for shoppers Monday morning.
Here are a few of my favorite things I snapped some pics of for you... and it's all FOR SALE, if you see somthing you like, just shoot me over an email for pricing, sjbaker@carolina.rr.com is my link.
Old Tarnished Silver base with Glass Cloche w/ an adorable knob on top!! ~SOLD~


Sunday JUNK finds... all except the Rusty table, it was found a few weeks back!!

Old Chippy Spools and Big Ole' Dice.... ~SOLD~

Lots of Old Silver to be had today, I especially am in love with the Daily Bread Platter, never seen one like this. The old Silver Bowl is an old Golfing Trophy from a Georgia College!! ~Trophy Bowl, SOLD~

Porcelain Lotto #'s , they were a great find!!! ~SOLD~

What the heck is that....scroll to next pic to see!!! All I can say is I am in love with it!!

Holy Moley, I tore a little of the rubber seat loose in the store and just knew it was all good underneath and boy was it ever!!!! The best old BIG Spool, Chippy White w/ a hint of Turquoise and Peach...I hardly ever tell what I paid but this freakin thing was only $.80 cents!!!!

Old Glass Decanters and Tarnished Silver were a Saturday find but standing at the register at the thrift shop today I looked down and there it lay the Intimate Home book, GREAT BOOK!!! Had to get it along with the other goodies!! ~Ultimate Home Book,SOLD~

Fabulous Thrifty Good, was stark White, all it needed was a little tweeking and coat of stain...I bet it will take a week to dry...It is S&S....Stinky and Sticky it is!! ~SOLD~

Too die for Black & White Cow Tag necklace I made up this morning... $28.95.

Remember the old Medical Cabinet?? Well I finally got it in there. On the first trip the darn thing locked the doors on it's own, everyone in the market had a go at it, no luck!! Had to bring it back home, drill out the locks, attach some old crown medallions to cover the holes...then back to the Poet!! ~Black Iron Stand , SOLD~ ~MEDICAL CABINET- SOLD~

A peek inside the Old Medical cabinet....

Rusty Old Plant stand makes a perfect seat for the Old Ironstone Bowl to take a rest in.... ~Archtertural Pieces SOLD~

Old Tarnished Silverplate make a fabulous Cloche Base...... A little Sea Grass a few Eggs and it's ready for the market!! ~PINK DOLL CHEST-SOLD~

Little Thrifty Table and Lamp made it into the booth. Love it's look!! ~CHIPPY SCREENS SOLD~

Chippy, Crusty & Rusty.... ~Antique Mirror in chair -SOLD~

Well I apologize for the looooong post... I had alot to show ya!! Probably will be my only post for the week due to my CRAZY day job schedule and stress!! So I will be on the lookout to see what all kinds of junk you all come up with, Blessings for a great week!! Janna

















31 comments:

trash talk said...

When you're showing great junk, it's never too long...maybe too short! Excellent finds!
Debbie

Debra@CommonGround said...

Woman, you have more junk than I do, and that's ALOT. I always love seeing all your finds! Hope nothing was ruined in your booth due to water.
Have a great week!
Debra

Unknown said...

I loved everything I saw...How big is that old ironstone bowl, I may have to contact you on that one, I have a huge pitcher, but it's by Gibson...I'll be back for more eyecandy....glenda

donna baker said...

Janna, I want you in my corner when a flood happens. Didn't seem to bother you at all. You're true grit!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I'm so glad you found/followed me, so I could return the favor on your lovely site!! You are the junk finding queen girl!!

I'm amazed. I get to go antiquing for the very first time in about three weeks, and I'm so excited.

Any good tips? I am sure I can use them!!

Blessings,
LMM

Theresa said...

Every time I see all your goodies it makes me wanna go shopping:) Love it all and hope the flood didn't damage any of your stuff! Have a blessed day!

Recaptured Charm said...

Wow... amazing stuff indeed.
I hate it when I get junk envy!
... and yes....the post can never be too long when it's filled with goodies such as these.

Lisa

Amelia said...

I think the long posts are the best!!! You have some really great stuff for sale! I bet your business is very successful with a shop like that. Can't wait for your next post girl! Have a happy Monday!
Smiles:0)!

The Green Pea said...

Janna, I just love you style. The ice cream bucket under the chippy lawn chair is fabulous! That is a old one... I had a lot of fun looking at all of you treasures. Our thrift store in CA are to expensive to buy for resale. Sorry about the rain storm making it into the store, what a job moving all your things....rain, rain go away! Sandi

Jenny said...

The things you find are always amazing. You have a real knack for display, too. As a true junker, you might like seeing some of the pics on my latest post about shopping in Baltimore. You could supply many of these shops for years to come! Ever think of branching north? Ha!

EMBELLISH said...

Your displays are amazing. The cloches are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Jana, Thanks for leaving me a comment - Found Around. I slipped over to yours and I love it. Nice to meet someone new. Susan

decorator to the stars said...

well, ms. artsy fartsy LOL we simply must meet up :) you're like my long lost sister, so much in common, great "stuff" as usual. i'm downloading a video i did this morning, that's taking forever to load, you'd think i did a screenplay or something :) ciao gio

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Janna,
Thanks for your comments on my blog........your blog is amazing and I am happy to find it!!!
xojanis

A Bit of Colour said...

Great stuff! sorry to hear about the rain. You must have got a lot there!

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

I loved looking at eacha nd every picture. I think no post is ever too long when it's filled with great pictures like this!!
Gale

trish said...

Oh look at all those fun treasures!!

Junk Girl said...

Holy crap! I mean that in a GOOD way! HA! LOVE the stuff! Honestly, there isn't a thing I don't like in these pictures! That cloche in the first pic is just grand! Keep the pictures coming and the LONGER the post, the better! Andrea

Rebecca said...

Everything looks great, you have a great eye and you've displayed everything so I want it all!
Good job
Blessings
Rebecca

sweetpralinemadness said...

Wow, you found some great things!!! I don't know what I like best. The silver pieces are very cool.

Emily said...

Holy cow I wish I lived near your shop! I think I drooled on my keyboard :o)

Karen said...

You really did find a lot of great stuff! I'll let you know when I get around to it, but I've got a stash of junk for a giveaway that's been on my list of things to do. Kinda fun junk for those who like to redo things. OK, besides finishing the deck painting and canning the tuna, that will be my next goal! I'm into goals lately lol. Thanks for visiting me at my 'lil ole blog! Karen

Unknown said...

I love it all, but really love the green medical cabinet. Great piece. Thanks for sharing!

Leaon Mary said...

you are DEFINITELY THE QUEEN girl!
lol I can ONLY IMAGINE the fun you must have finding all this WONDERFUL JUNQUE.

So sorry about your 2" of rain in your booth. Hope nothing was hurt.

Anxious to see what you're up to next. NO STRESS this week; ya hear?
No way Jose. SENDING YOU PEACE AND JOY.
Holykisses,
Lea

jdeere1 said...

OMG Beth! Looks like you have been having a blast! Wish you could have come up for the fair! We all missed you! However the "Free Stuff" story does NOT surprise me! Hope Karen gets to read this post! Talk to ya soon!
Love ya!

Jill said...

Janna, I love your booth and all your finds---hard to part with them isn't it?!

Hayley Fraser said...

HI Janna. I love all your stuff, especially the tarnished silver stand and cloche with the silver knob on top. It's probably sold, but if it hasn't, how much to get it to me in Missouri? You can email me at hfraser@spsmail.org. Thanks!

Heather said...

I love your blog you have alot of amazing finds!

The Shepherds Fold said...

The medical cabinet...I still love it!!! And....the new jewlrey designs --- AWESOME! Rock it out, girl!

Angie said...

I don't know how I missed this post??? GREAT stuff!! You weren't kidding your selling it left and right! How about that pillow in the last picture?? How much for that little treasure? :)

Bluebird said...

love your blog and all your great junking finds! i am jealous :-)