Friday, October 16, 2009

~Last Weekends Junk, Jewels & the New Booth!~

What a Week!!! And I am back with alot of pics this go round....My day job has really sucked all the extra life out of me this week. DRAMA...my definition of my job.... So once I caught my breath me and Hubby went and worked on the second booth at the Sleepy Poet last Sunday and of course ... I Junked all day on Saturday! That is becoming my new way to clear the mind and body from the weekly stress at work. The booth is coming along slowly, I forgot how long it actually takes to fill it up and get it just the way you want it. Once this is done this weekend I will begin to gather up all my extra goodies to expand my shelf unit to a full size booth at The Waxhaw Antique Mart on Nov 1st. Just keep me in your prayers, I need the strength and faith to conquer! So on with the pics! 1st pic.... Just a tease of the new booth at The Poet....


One of last Saturdays finds.... Old Chestnut Cupboard... it was covered in enough dirt that it's beauty was hid. I think it is a true beauty from the past! It has already made it's way to one of my booths as you will see in the pics!

ALL of last Saturdays JUNK Goodies!! The Old Tobacco Basket was a country flea market find...and it was also the hardest thing to part with...it too made it to the booth!

I was shopping in a little Antique Mall last Saturday and purchased and old Farmhouse table with Cubby shelf attached to it, I know... no picture... car to packed to fit her in...and I forgot to snap one in the store....another trip next Saturday on my Birthday to pick her up! Pics coming as soon as I get it home!! Anyway the shop owner asked if I had been to that particular dealers house... heck no I replied ... do I need to?? She said Honey... she has about 6-7 sheds packed full of chippy stuff like this....Well my heart started beating fast, she said that she would call but not to get my hopes up that she usually Junks on Saturdays... but oh yeah she was there. And when I arrived it was exactly what she said...JUNK HEAVEN!!! The little Yellow Chippy Mirrored Cabinet above (click on pic to supersize the beauty) was one of my purchases from her... it was the 1st piece I ran to in the building... she was quick to tell me...It was NOT for sale, it was display only.....well I begged for it the entire time I shopped and finally I left with it....Definitely a new Junk spot to shop on a regular basis!! Isn't it adorable?? It's definitely is not as little as the pic makes it look, more on the line of a small cupboard.

Hubby has also been busy hammering away on some New Junk Pendants. JUNK GIRL, on a Rustic link chain and adorned with it's own little Junk charm. $24.95. email me for availabilty. sjbaker@carolina.rr.com ,shipping is $3.50 to almost anywhere in the US or Canada .


JUNKER BLISS & JUNK JUNKIE..... $24.95, Paypal always accepted!!

Finally my favorite... this describes me to a tee this week Walking Trainwreck!! Also $24.95 plus $3.50 to ship, on a Rustic Link chain.

I was able to add a few new goodies to the old booth at the Poet, here is a peek at the updates!

The Chestnut Cupboard found it's new home, Available at The Sleepy Poet, $105.

This little cheesebox drawer set I found a few weeks back. I have never seen a piece like it, definitely looks to have been handmade...the little knobs are to die for...it SOLD today while I was at the Market!

Some more of my booths new goodies......

And here is the NEW booth...it is going to take a little time but it is coming along. It is definitely a challange with it being on the corner isle! This booth has taken on more of a Rustic Farmhouse style. I have mingled in some darker pieces. The 7.5ft Farmtable is one of my favorite pieces. I think me and Scott had nightmares of moving this 250lb sucker to the Poet.... it is there and will stay until SOLD!!!

Old Chippy Pale Yellow Dog bed... I found this piece a year or so ago and it finally has a spot....Perfect table centerpice, tons of possibilites!

Well this is all the pics I have for now.... I will add more as I fill it up! It still has a long way to go. If anyone has any ideas for my new space send them over!!! I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by. Me and hubby Scott are heading up to the NC mountains bright and early in the morning for the Valle Crucis Fall Country Fair... we go every year. Country Bluegrass music, Homemade Apple Butter, Grilled Corn, BBQ, Brunswick Stew...it's all there... and this is the first time that they are actually calling for SNOW .... I can't wait. Snow in October at the Fall Festival..it will be a beautiful sight if it comes as they are predicting... so be sure to check back later in the weekend for pics!! Have a great & safe weekend! Hugs and Blessings, Janna
































25 comments:

Michelle Hughes said...

mmmm love all those scales!!! So pretty! Your booth is fabulous... my husband sure is glad we don't live close to you.... I am not!!

SMiles!
Michelle

Sweet Sage said...

I can't decide.
Can I just have eVeRYthiNG?!
lOvE it ALL ~
kim

Angie said...

WOW girl you've been busy!! Great finds and I'll say a prayer for much success and energy! Have fun at the fair! ;)

Barbara Jean said...

Your booth looks great!!

You always find the best 'stuff'!!

I have not been 'saling' as much lately cause of working on the new room at the store.
all is open now, but needs to be filled in.

Love love your shabby look in your booth.

blessings

barbara jean

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your booth is great, it looks so organized and well staged, not an easy job to be sure, good job, Love all the scales also..

Theresa said...

You are one busy lady! Love all of you goodies but my favorite was the cheese box... never seen one of those. Have a blessed day.

The Green Pea said...

Janna, I love the treasures that you find. All of those old wood cubbies are wonderful. Hope you have a nice weekend. That grilled corn sounds so great! sandi

sassytrash said...

Safe travels, and have fun in the mountains--can't wait to see what treasures you will come back with! You booths are looking fabulous!!! (I used to make dog beds like similar to the one you found)

decorator to the stars said...

HEY JANNA, GREAT PICS & THE BOOTH LOOKS FAB :) THE CHEESEBOX THING WAS PROBABLY MADE OUT OF NECESSITY, THEY USUALLY NEEDED SOMETHING TO KEEP THEIR NAILS, WASHERS, SCREWS, BOLTS IN, SO THEY GRABBED ANYTHING NEAR & STARTED COBBLING SOMETHING TO HOLD THEM IN. I'VE HAD MANY OVER THE YEARS & THEY WERE ALL DIFFERENT. SOME ELABORATE, SOME JUST PLAIN & SIMPLE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :) GIO

Jenny said...

Hmmm.... I guess shipping the farm table is out of the question. Darn. The boothlooks wonderful!

Anne Lorys said...

I love your booth(s). Everything always looks just the way I picture my booth looking when it finally grows up!
Anne

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Janna, everything looks great. Love the new cupboard and your booth sign, way cool. Wanted to let you know I've just started a new online Bible Study. come by when you can.
Have a great weekend!
Debra

Signs and Salvage said...

LOVE it all!!!

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Jana,
Love all your trasures! Wish I could be there to shop as I see amazing things! What a great eye you have!!
My Best
Gale

The Shepherds Fold said...

Girl...I am in love with the little old watch cupboard you have in your new booth! That piece should be snatched up fast! Its is adorable! The new booth looks great! I'm glad I've got a good Poet neighbor! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! ~Ra

Beth E-R said...

I am in awe of the energy you have! But I do know that zippy feeling when you find great junk that makes your heart go pitter pat. So I figure you run so long and hard on good junk junkies energy. Love that phrase from your recent necklaces!

Beth of Salvage Studio

EMBELLISH said...

Everything is fabulous. I also like you new blog look!!

trash talk said...

Girl, you got that booth loaded for bear!
Great finds. I'm loving the farmhouse look myself.
Debbie

Beth E-R said...

One more thing - we have bestowed the Over the Top Blog Award to you for your always something new blog postings. Please visit our post today for all the details. Congrats!

Beth of Salvage Studio

Birgit said...

You always find the best things!! I'm not sure I would have been able to part with that tobacco basket. I have the perfect wall for it!! Wish I lived closer, I'd visit the sleepy poet every week.
Blessings to you~ Birgit

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey girlfriend!

All I can say is YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!!! :) Looks GREAT!!!!

xo...deb

A Wild Thing said...

I'm still in shock over your freebee cupboard...OMG...girl you scored big!!!

The booth is awesome as is the lil' cupboard...I heart your second job too(the fun one)...the necklaces are a hoot, love the dime on it.

Keep up the good work and the good eye for the trash!!!

Happy Birthday next week, just in case I miss ya!!!

EMBELLISH said...

You do such an amazing job with your displays. Your junk finds are never a disappointment!!!

Journal Swag said...

Love it ALL! You lucky junk finder!

Sheila

The Green Pea said...

Hello Janna, I have been away from blogging for a while. I am now back and I am missing you. I hope all is well with you, you have not posted for a while. I hope we hear from you soon. sandi