Monday, March 2, 2009

The Snow, NO Power, Trashed Pie Safe and todays Finds....

Well we had our 'Snow Storm' all of about 4-6 inches last night. Can't believe this miniature storm has taken out the power up until an hour ago. So with having no power in my home today I finally decided when the roads cleared late this evening to head up to one of my new spots at The Sleepy Poet Antique Mall and mess around in my booth. I could not be housed up any longer... Of course you junkers know you can never take a car trip without purchasing... so here it is from Sunday and today. The only thing that is not for sale is the Turquoise tray, I snabbed it up from my friends booth. It's chippy and Turquoise, had to have it!!! All the rest as always is for sale, just shoot me an email,

The clock was too cute, not sure of its age, but it plugs in and still works, rusty hands and all!!


If you have followed my previous posts this is the Gorgeous Beauty of a pie safe that someone had put out in the trash, she was broken up pretty badly but with the help of my husband and a neighbor she has made it back to normal and found a great home right in my Living room. I am in love.. it is white and chippy and now has a permanent home.... make sure to click on the picture so you can see how beautiful she is up close!!! I sound like a proud parent, and I don't even have kids!!!

Here is our snow, doesn't look like it could have taken the power down for sooo long today?? But none the less it was just beautiful!! We just do not get snow here in NC like we did years ago.

A small Winter wonderland... I am so envious of all my blogger friends up North that rake it in on the big snows!!

To all of my blogger friends that have found me through Time Worn-Interiors wonderful post that she mentioned me in today, Thanks for stopping by to see me and my junk!! She is just an awesome lady that I have met through blogging, she inspires me with her junkin' finds and blog!! So all of you who haven't stopped by and visited Theresa and her cool shabby chippy finds , you gotta get on over there!! I am getting caught up on all my messages from being w/o my computer all day, I will respond to everyone asap... Many Blessings, Thanks for stopping by!!





12 comments:

Susan said...

The pie safe looks great! I love the Noah's Ark picture above it. The snow was beautiful coming down last night but it was all gone this morning:o( Have a great evening!

Simplicity Cottage said...

I love how the pie safe turned out...still cannot believe you found it on the curb! The snow is just beautiful. We haven't had any this winter *sigh*...just a thin layer of sleet that lasted a couple of hours...I love the white stuff, it's so tranquil...wish we would get some!

hugs~donna

Anne Marie said...

I just became an 'Artsy Fartsy Finds Follower'...man...try to say that 10x this late!!
whew!

great finds once again!!

Malisa said...

Your pie safe is adorable! You have a right to be proud!

We are having a great giveaway at Moonlight Hollow and would love for you to participate! Just check our blog for details!

Malisa and Karen

Sandy said...

Curb stuff can turn out so cool! Love your pie safe. Wonderful job giving it more life.

countrycharisma said...

Love your white pie safe. I have one too, and it is my favorite. I have visited your blog before but forgot to follow, so I am a follower now! Wasn't the snow the bomb?! We woke up to 5-6" here in southern TN which is unheard of. It was so beautiful. Even though the wind chills were bitter, my husband and I got out and took pictures until we were frozen. Thanks for the great pictures. I wll be back again. blessings, carrell

A Bit of Colour said...

Love your finds. Pie safe turned out good. I got an oak one just like it in my bedroom. Enjoy that snow!

Rhondi said...

Hi
I live in Charlotte and I just found just went to The Sleepy Poet last week! I didn't know about it until a friend told me. So I sure would like to know where the good places to thrift are around here. When I lived in PA there were so many but I've not found much here. I guess I just don't know where to look!

savvycityfarmer said...

WELLDONE MY FAITHFUL JUNK SISTER.


DON'T YA LOVE FINDING STUFF ON A SUN- DAY...ER ANYDAY!!!

OF COURSE THE PIE SAFE IS NOT IN YOUR BOOTH, BUT ALAS IN A PERFECT PLACE IN YOUR COZY HALLWAY SURROUNDED BY OTHER WONDERFUL JUNK.

Anonymous said...

That pie safe is AWESOME .How lucky are you.i am GREEN sitting here.Seriously,congrats,you are one lucky lady.Enjoy it dear...ann

Anonymous said...

That pie safe is AWESOME .How lucky are you.i am GREEN sitting here.Seriously,congrats,you are one lucky lady.Enjoy it dear...ann

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Love the pie safe! Love your page too! Glad I found your page! Great blog title...Artsy Fartsy....love it!

LaurieAnna