Saturday, March 14, 2009

~Spring is on the way.....and its headed to my Booth!~

With Spring just around the corner it is now time to start mingling hints of it into my little booths! Even though here in NC it felt nothing close to Spring today...a high of 39 degress and pouring rain ALL day. Here are a few more of last weeks finds that have been transformed a little here and there. The trunk was my spectacular find of the week!! It was already a great creamy white, all I had to do was add a coat of stain, it came out far better than I ever imagined!!

Yes... that is a Chippy Turquoise 57 Chevy Headlight Rim, had to have it ....for $2 bucks who could have resisted???

The metal lamp was a thrift find made over. It was a dull drab dark metal. All it needed was a little white paint and some sand paper along with an Old Vintage shade and look at the transformation...the little basket was done to match. I added a few old jars with some quail eggs along with a few other odds and ends and there you have a little bit of Spring on a cold day !!

Couldn't leave out the Starfish I found lying around .....

I have a few more goodies I am working on completing so check back so you can see their progress, Thanks for stopping by!
~ Encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. ~
Thessalonians 5:11





14 comments:

Missy said...

Lookin' good!

Susan said...

That trunk looks great! I love the lamp, too. Hope you're havin' a good weekend!

donna baker said...

Janna, I thik the headlamp is funny. I once bought a giant dried bean pod from somewhere in the world. I'm getting ready to post a pic of something I recently got at the flea market and am looking for comments on what to do with it.

time worn interiors said...

I love that bust of womans head! How much is it? I gotta sell something so I can get my pay-pal account built back up, you are draining it! Hah!
Theresa

The Charm House said...

I love the trunk.... really awesome looking!!! I am thinking about opening a booth and the more I think about it the more excited I get!! Especially after stopping here!
Hugs,
Yvette

Bev Norris said...

Cottage-Farm-Chic, Bev

Love your booth. Everything is wonderful. Thanks for posting on my blog. Looks like we have the same taste. Love the hand. Have something like it that will be going in my booth. Loved the trunk!

C. Dianne Zweig said...

I am so glad Spring is finally here (in New England)...love the name of your blog and your great ideas...I am new to blogging...come visit me..I need some blogger friends....you can also find me at my blog or also at Iantiqueonline.com where I am the editor.....great place for antique scavengers like us...

Would love to get to know all the junk-flea market-artsy folks....

Dianne

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey darlin!

Love the booth! Looks good...and you say us gals in Texas have great finds (which we do)...but, I see I need to make a trip to NC! :)

Can't wait to see what else you have been up to! Give hubby high five from me! xo...deb

~La Rustique Market~ said...

I like that you added stain to the trunk..very pretty!

Lisa

savvycityfarmer said...

it's about time to hit the road and come visit me isnt it????

We could fill your trunk with cityfarmer junk~~ haha

missn ya

. said...

Hello love your bloggy and your blessings. Thanks for the scripture. Hugs Denise

Brenda said...

You find the coolest things! Love the turquoise!

Anonymous said...

you do find the neatest things.Of course I'm going backwards on you post,ha...Ann

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Okay Jenna, Let me start by saying: It's so nice to meet ya and I'm already jealous of your awesome finds! I LOVE that trunk!

Thank you for stopping by and spoiling Oreo.

I'm going to dig some more on your blog...I love it!

everything vintage