Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OPENING of Our New Shop....

I can't hold back the excitement any longer....... Me and my Dear Friend Beth over at Olde Tyme Marketplace have just opened a new and exciting shop at the The Sleepy Poet over in Charlotte NC this week. Beth came up with our crazy wonderful name, The Junkin' Escapades, since searching for junk finds is what we seem to do every Friday and Saturday. We end up in unimaginable places near and far high and low searching for unique finds! So this shop is our collection of as she says...Rusty, Crusty, Chippy, Shabby, Chic finds!! The photos below are just a little hint of what we have to come, we hope everyone who is in our area will come out and visit out little spot! Beth is so creative and has already helped me so much along the way to develope my eye for junk. I am so excited for our new little junkin journey and thankful for our friendship!! We are currently working on a new little blog just for our shop so stay tuned for details! Make sure you hop over to her blog and let her know you saw her new shop on the blog.


This birdcage is the perfect addition to the Cottage green shabby Table and Chairs.


I think we have both already become addicted to Glass Cloches. Look at this little number Beth put together!!


My chicken coupe is one of my favorite things that I almost did not want to sell....


Chippy white Metal cabinet, perfect little Ebay find!


This is the total package all together and ready to SELL, SELL ,SELL!!


And look at this little Cupboard, Beth had the find of the day on this one!!!!We hope you have enjoyed our mini tour as much as we enjoyed putting this little shop together!!























10 comments:

Janene said...

Very nice display...May your new venture be very prosperous.
Best Wishes to both of you!

Back in the Day said...

I just heard of the Sleepy Poet from another lady that was a Curious Cat! I told my mom that we should check it out since they are open late on the weekends! I'l be sure to check out the new booth! Congrats to you and Beth!
Nicole

trash talk said...

Congratulations! From the looks of the merchandise you're showing, I think it's going to be a hugh success. Love the birdcage! Fun name. Debbie

A Wild Thing said...

Hey, thanks for stoppin by...congrats on the new venture, what fun and what neat stuff you have.

Through the years I have had many shops at many locations, now at my retirement age, having settled in to mainly two shops, I don't have to work quite so hard. One shop is my daughters(who too has asthma), I have been there 10 years and one is Sisters' Garden, been there 15 years. It just goes to show that even almost 60, you can still work at what you love.

Never lose the dream...I expect to be there another 10 doing what I love. If the magazines won't support our needs, then the internet will. You have a great list of gals on your sidebar to fulfil those needs, as a matter of fact, Theresa from Time-worn Interiors will be coming up next weekend for a shopping soiree...can't wait...she's stocking up for her Texas show, we met from the blog.

We'll pull through this economy crisis, we always do, but tightening our belts and recycling junk helps all...so keep on trashin' girls...it's a dream job I wouldn't trade for the world!

Good luck...
sharon

Barn House said...

Congratulations! Your new place looks absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see more pix...

J & J

Creator's Touch said...

thank you for posting a comment for my give away, you will have your name entered so best of luck!

The Tattered House said...

Good going girls! Sandy and I love it when a new shop opens. We look forward to seeing more. I love the bird cage - how much?

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Your shop looks so cute. I would have that chicken coop if I lived near by. Thanks for you sweet comments about my kitty. Good luck with your new shop. kath

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Okay, I want the white cupboard and the bird cage!!! If I only lived closer! I'm sure I could find more!

Anita said...

CONGRATULATIONS and BEST OF LUCK junk sister:) I wish I was closer to come and patronize your new entreprise, but maybe on my US tour when I finally just run away :)....Seriously, it looks great. And I am addicted to cglass cloches too.

Anita
homestory-anita.blogspot.com
iowajunkgypsies.blogspot.com