Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some of my Favorite Finds ( I can't live without)!!!

This is my favorite Cupboard ever... When I saw him, he was mine... forever!!! The Rusty Bird feeder on top was sitting at my friends house in the TRASH pile... I went right in after it!!! Who could ever throw somthing like that away?? I even left all the vines that had grown in it through the years right there in place! I think after she saw it sitting here so pretty she regretted putting it out for trash, oh well.... guess who is not getting it back??? Make sure to click on the photo so you can see it in better detail, not the best picture I choose.



I found this old Roll Top Desk Top for $20 bucks, what a perfect match to my kitchen, did not have to do a thing to this baby but sit it on the counter and pile junk in it!!


My little treats and thrift store treasures that make my cupboard happy inside!


And this desk...... It Turquoise, its chippy, its mine!! I think this has been every dealer in towns at some point or another, it was even my friend Beths years ago over at Oldetymemarketplace but it is now at its final resting place. The old chippy column I dug right out of my friends dump pile also!! Now how can you take somthing to the dump like that??? More to come so check back tomorrow! I still have yet to post the Modern Day Sanford and Sons garage that I have created at my house. I will be off for yet another junkin' trip tomorrow in the NC Mountians. I will wait to post that picture until I have packed more in........



6 comments:

Janene said...

I am so glad that I am following your blog!
Your finds, either in the trash or else where, are awesome!
I always wonder why people throw out such great stuff. I guess they just don't see the beauty like we do!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I WANT IT BACK!!!!
xoxo,
Beth

Gretchen said...

Hi-
Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving the nice comment. I had to come right over and check out your blog.
Interesting to find we have similiar tastes. I have a cabinet very much like your stepback cupboard and also love the aqua colors you have in the cool desk. You have come across some wonderful finds in your friends junk pile, and better keep a close eye on her throwaways in the future. What a way to rescue things.
I am also involved as a contributor on a site called www.junkmarketstyle.com , and am wondering if you have heard of it? If not, I think you would love it and enjoy the great ideas some of the members come up with. Maybe, that is how you found my blog, but if not I think you'd love the site and wanted to share it with you.
I really enjoyed your blog here with some of your favorite things and have bookmarked your blog to check back with. Time to go read your older posts now, the first one reeled me in, now I need to check out the older posts.
Have a great day!
Gretchen
www.mimitoriasdesigns.blogspot.com

Junk Girl said...

Wow - love your stuff! I really like the chippy, worn stuff myself. I go CRAZY for rusty items of any kind also. Love your blog; thanks for following ours! Andrea

Anne Marie said...

i too, love chippy and natural things....love the desk.

Back in the Day said...

Girl - I love that turquoise desk! It looks great! Love the old post in the corner! I picked up on at an auction years ago - people looked at me like I was crazy!
Nicole